Ask an Engineer FAQs

Written by

FAQ 1.  I have a crack in my house foundation.  Can you help me with that. [Answer] No.  But you can contact a firm that competes residential home inspections or a licensed professional structural engineer.  You can google “structural engineer” with your towns name.  I noticed our firm “M. Gingerich Gereaux and Associates” popped up.  So, I recommend you call several firms and ask if they have a structural engineer on staff and if they have experience with looking at residential foundations. 

Ask an Engineer